It is the most measurable medium out there! To make your online presence a valuable part of your business, you need to be paying attention to Web site analytics.
What is Web Analytics?
Web Analytics Association (http://www.webanalyticsassociation.org) offers this concise definition:
“Web analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis, and reporting of Internet data for the purpose of understanding and optimizing Web usage.”
What questions about your Web site visitors do you want an answer to?
Statistics packages can track everything from “clickthroughs”, your ROI, the lifetime value of a customer, the pay-off between organic and paid search engine marketing campaigns, whether your static ad or flash ad is performing better, and even the effectiveness of a link positioned at the top of a page versus one near the bottom. If you are running an online marketing campaign, then it is important to know if your efforts are justified.
- KPIs concern those measurements that make a difference to your business in relation to the web. Identify and track KPIs with analytics
- Monitoring the behaviour of your target market on your web site enables you to refine the navigation lead your customer down the intended path.
- Understand how much each visitor to your web site costs you so that you can work toward bringing that cost down to maximize profits.
- Identify ‘give-up’, ‘bounce’and ‘exit’ areas, pinpoint where the potential issue lies and fix it.
- Use Web analytics for effective testing; see what changes generate the best responses.
- Compare and contrast the data you gather with historical information; identify trends and variations in the results.